Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers’ campaign is seeking a highly-motivated and detail-oriented Press Assistant for his re-election campaign. The 2022 Wisconsin Gubernatorial race will be one of the top targeted Governor’s races in the country.
Location: Madison, WI
Salary: $3,250 – $3,750/ month, plus benefits
Reports to: Communications Director
Start Date: 4/1/2022
Application Deadline: 03/15/2022 (Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is a suggested timeframe based on organization needs.)
To Apply: Send your resume to [email protected] with *Press Assistant* as subject line
- Draft written materials for internal and external use, including talking points, press releases, statements, and memos
- Assist communications team in outreach to press
- Work closely with communications and digital team to develop content
- Compile daily news clips and monitor news coverage of the governor and potential Republican opponents
- Help maintain press list and distribute materials
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications Director.
- Strong writing skills with a demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to write and edit quickly and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with basic systems to distribute press materials
- Growth Mindset – ability to take and implement feedback
- Relentlessly Goal Oriented – enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done
- Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference
- At least one cycle of experience in political communications or journalism
- Experience working in a campaign environment, or similarly fast-paced and high-pressure workplace
- An understanding of the Wisconsin landscape is a plus
Tony for Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we deeply value having an inclusive and diverse team. We especially encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.