Wisconsin’s farms are a tremendous asset with more than 68,000 farms occupying 14.3 million acres of farmland. To keep our farm economy strong, Wisconsin needs to re-invest in diversified agriculture, value added farm products and food processing, and farm product marketing.
As Governor, Tony will:
- Convene a blue-ribbon commission to advance agriculture and economic opportunities in rural Wisconsin
- Re-orient our economic development agencies to increase incentives to support agriculture and rural businesses through training, labor attraction, market development and business support
- Provide additional support for business investment in value added processing for farm products
- Ensure that our farm marketing labels support Wisconsin-grown farm products (Ex: Something Special from Wisconsin)
- Strengthen our support for forest owners and protect jobs in our $26 billion forest products sector
- Work across the globe to increase international export development initiatives